- Cape Town intent on more Turkish flights
- How to safari in 2022: five new ways to explore
- Application for Membership - ADORE Africa
- Africastay’s ZNZ flights on hold
- Turkish Airlines officially resumes flights to Durban
- African Parks to manage Zakouma Park for another 5 years
- KQ, Delta Air Offer Customers More Variety
- Visitors to Seychelles donate $775,000 to environmental fund via online Travel Authorisation Platform
- 6 signs the travel and tourism sector is recovering
- Kenya eyes Japan and Italy tourism marketing cash cut
Experience Africa 2022 - 1 Day to Go!By ATTA®
With only one day to go before the long-awaited tradeshow, Experience Africa 2022, there is much excitement to reconnect again at a physical show. After the recent successes of the various African-based tradeshows, this will be the first in person show in Europe this year focussed on the promotion of Africa. We have 113 exhibitors coming over from across East and Southern Africa to connect with the travel trade from the UK and Europe.
Our tourism industry is still very much in the beginning of the recovery phase, and this is not without its challenges across all business aspects. However, there is now more than just hope with enquiries and bookings beginning to increase again for the continent. East Africa is faring particularly well with a good high season for this year, and whilst Southern Africa is a little slower to pick up to date, it is heading in the right direction and is touted for travel to begin here again in earnest for the last quarter of this year.
Chris Mears, ATTA® Executive Director commented “The third edition of Experience Africa has been a long time in the making and after two years of being isolated by COVID we are once again back. It’s been a challenging road with exhibitors facing visa delays and now all attendees facing the problems caused by the largest transport strikes the UK has seen in 30 years making it difficult for everyone to get to the Kia Oval for the show. Needless to say, along with our events partner Jacobs Media, we have pulled out all the stops to ensure as many people as possible are able to physically get to the show in the coming days and we are all very much looking forward to seeing all the attendees, face to face for the first time in far too many months”
Don’t forget that you are still able to join us at the Experience Africa networking event on Thursday 23 June with registration available here