ATTA for Action
About ATTA for Action:
ATTA for Action is a pioneering endeavor envisioned to create a collaborative platform that brings together key stakeholders in the tourism sector, non-profit organizations, and local communities. Our goal is to create a Pan Africa network of connected projects that support social and environmental sustainability, ensuring that the benefits of tourism extend to local economies, cultures, and the natural environment.
The Partnership Opportunity:
By participating in ATTA for Action, not-for-profit organisations will have the unique opportunity to engage with tourism business to forge impactful partnerships, and that align with their organization's mission. Tourism-based business can authentically demonstrate their commitment to community and conservation by providing a platform of public awareness exposure and potential funds and donors to these small grassroot organisations.
For years many tourism companies of all sizes have successfully been integrating contributions to local not-for-profits into their client itineraries. We believe that providing all stakeholders with an accessible network of established localized and meaningful organisations will assist in normalizing this as the industry standard for greater impact. We firmly believe that ATTA member’s commitment to environmental and social responsibility can play a pivotal role in shaping a brighter future for African tourism and its communities.
Benefits of Participation:
- Collaborative project development with industry experts and partners.
- Enhanced visibility within the travel and tourism sector.
- Networking opportunities with like-minded organizations.
- Access to resources and tools to support sustainable projects.
- Contribution to a philanthropic community partnership with far-reaching positive impacts.
Through this partnership, we aim to:
Leverage our collective expertise to address the unique challenges faced by local communities and the tourism supply chain and drive meaningful impact in the communities we serve across the African continent.
Develop initiatives that promote sustainable tourism practices, community empowerment, and environmental conservation through 8 holistic areas that include:
1. HOSTS AND HERITAGE
2. CONSERVING WILDLIFE
3. PROTECT THE PLANET & CLIMATE CHANGE
4. FOOD & WATER, MINIMISING WASTE AND OPTIMISING RECYCLING
5. HEALTH, WELL BEING & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
6. AFRICA’S COASTLINE
7. REDUCE INEQUALITY
8. EDUCATION AND DEVELOPMENT
Create lasting positive impacts by combining our resources and strengths.
If you are a tourism-based business that would like to recommend a registered NPO or not for profit business that has meaningful impact to people or places in the destination, you are operating or selling please pass along this program information and encourage them to apply. An ATTA Membership is available to them at a highly subsidized annual rate of only £25 with a one time admin process fee of £25.
If you are a not-for-profit organisation interested in participating in the ATTA for Action Program, Click Here to apply.
If you are an NGO / NPO To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Have operated as a Government Registered NPO for at least 1 year.
- Have a live website.
- Produce up-to-date annual reports for public viewing.
- Ability to provide government-recognized tax receipts to donors.
- Managed and operated by locally empowered stakeholders.
- Have clearly identified ways for tourism-based businesses to support your NPO beyond cash donations only.
- Support one or more of ATTA’s 8 ATTA for Action Partner Sustainability Areas.