- BBC HARDTalk Paula Kahumbu: Saving Africa's wild spaces
- Mozambique records largest sighting of dugongs since the 1990s
- Uber and Opibus to roll out 3,000 electric motorcycles by 2022
- Kenya Tourism Number Records 40% Increase
- Dubai bans flights from Kenya for 48 hours
- ATTA HQ Christmas Operations
- 10 tech trends set to transform travel in 2022
- Turkish resumes SA ops
- BA updates SA schedule
- Rwanda New Quarantine Travel Restrictions due to Omicron Spread
Dubai extends Kenya flights ban to Christmas eveBy ATTA®
Dubai has extended the ban for all inbound and transit passenger flights from Kenya till December 24 amid a surge in Covid-19 cases in the country.
The Dubai Civil Aviation Authority (DCAA) had announced a 48-hour suspension on all flights from Kenya to the Middle East nation on December 20.
On Wednesday, the Dubai-based Emirates Airlines announced that it has, in turn, extended its flights from Kenya suspension to comply with the directive.
“As per the directive from Dubai Civil Aviation Authority (DCAA), all air transport services with inbound and transit passenger movements to the emirate of Dubai from any point in Kenya are temporarily suspended up to and including December 24,” the airline posted on its website.
“Customers will not be accepted for travel on Emirates flights at Nairobi during this time. Outbound passenger operations from Dubai to Nairobi remain unaffected,” it added.
Source: Business Daily