- Kenya hosts World Safari Rally Championship
- ATTA IN THE NEWS
- Turkey aims to boost ties with Africa in all platforms: Çavuşoğlu
- Kenya to Receive Pfizer Vaccine From U.S. Govt By June
- Industry day of action - Social Media Toolkit
- Qatar Airways to launch new route to Lusaka and Harare from August 6
- COVID SA Travel System downtime
- SAs can fly to Dubai – on Emirates
- Delta abandons plans for Cape Town route
- Mauritius to open for international travel in July
ATTA Joined the Industry day of ActionBy Chris Mears, ATTA®
Wednesday 23 June saw the ATTA HQ team joining the industry day of action both at College Green in Westminster and Holyrood in Edinburgh.
With over 1000 people in attendance we joined an organised lobby that had been arranged by Save Future Travel Coalition and had successful meetings with various MP's, trade and mainstream media.
MP's that we met with included
- Sir Geoffrey Clifton Brown
- Flick Drummond
- Richard Graham
- Huw Merriman, Chair of the Transport Select Committee
We discussed the lack of support for the travel industry, the challenges regarding the flawed traffic light system and the impact that the current regulations are having on African tourism businesses and communities.
A message from the politicians is that we must continue to write to our MP's and write on an individual basis, if you are in the UK please ensure that all your team write to your MP on a regular basis to get the issues addressed. We will be sharing some template letters for you to use next week.
Thank you to all of you who were able to support the events both in person and via social media.