- Sylvester the lion’s offspring are back in the Karoo
- Seychelles Authorities Review Visitor’s Travel Advisory
- MEC David Maynier Kicks of International Tourism Campaign
- The story of Baloo the white rhino bull
- SQ restarts its services to SA
- Heaviside’s dolphins put on spectacular show near Dias Point
- Uganda Civil Aviation Authority Directives for Resumption of international flights
- Qatar Airways resumes 19 weekly flights to South Africa from 3 October 2020
- Visa on Arrival issuance resumes at Hosea Kutako International Airport
- New sculpture garden opens in KwaZulu-Natal
Lufthansa's regular SA flight schedule now fully operationalBy ATTA®
To coincide with the start of the summer season in South Africa, Lufthansa is once again fully operational within the local market with the resumption of its scheduled service between Frankfurt and Cape Town.
LH 576, the first commercial Lufthansa flight to Cape Town since the lifting of the international travel ban, was welcomed at Cape Town International Airport at 10am this morning with a ceremonial water salute, having departed Frankfurt the evening before on 7 October at 10.15am
Lufthansa will be operating the Cape Town to Frankfurt direct service using an Airbus A340-300. LH 577 is a twice-weekly flight operating on Mondays and Fridays with all flights departing in the evening and landing at their destination in the morning.
"Lufthansa is pleased to be resuming flights to Cape Town, marking a return to our regular scheduled service between South Africa and Germany, following last week’s flight between Frankfurt and Johannesburg that was the first international long haul flight to return to South Africa.
The Western Cape remains an attractive destination for European holidaymakers and as Lufthansa’s flight schedule to South African is now fully operational we remain committed to continuing to support the restart of international travel into South Africa as a major airline partner for the local tourism sector," says Dr. André Schulz, general manager Southern Africa & East Africa Lufthansa Group Airlines.