- FCO Updates - 31 March 2020
- FCO Updates - 30 March 2020
- FCO Updates - 27 March 2020
- Wildlife webcams accessible from home
- FCO Updates - 26 March 2020
- FCO Updates - 25 March 2020
- FCO Updates - 24 March 2020
- FCO Updates - 23 March 2020
- Ethiopia receives Jack Ma's coronavirus donation to Africa
- In Memoriam: Legendary hotelier Sol Kerzner passes away
Victoria Falls records highest flow in 3 yearsBy ATTA®
Victoria Falls has recorded its highest river flow in three years today. In December, various news outlets published articles stating that the Falls had ‘dried to a trickle’.
False claims were made that a drought in the region due to the impact of climate change had dried the falls up almost entirely. This, however, was not the case.
Upstream rainfall has led to an abundance of water and the Falls are flowing marvellously. A video shared to Instagram by Peter Frost confirmed that today, the river was 97cm higher than last year.
Frost wrote in his caption: ‘Victoria Falls today. No people just LOTS of water. 3817m3/sec – river 97cm higher than the same day last year.’