- KenyaAirways appoints Catherine Kamau as Head of Marketing
- City of Johannesburg to host 2019 SA Brand Summit
- New Tourism Board for Ethiopia
- Tanzania Plans Beach Management Authority to Boost Tourism
- Tanzania Tourism Board gears up for Swahili Int'l Tourism Expo
- Vic Falls tourism boom excites international markets
- RwandAir launches new routes as air traffic numbers rocket
- Malawian Airlines service increases from July 2018
- Kenya's Government Banks On Wildebeest Migration to Boost Tourist Arrivals
- Zanzibar courts tourists from Southeast Asia
Uganda: A Peek Into Uganda's Tourism Marketing Strategic Plan
Uganda is a gifted country, with variety to showcase to a tourist so much that if half of its tourism potential were to be realised, its contribution to the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) would immensely catapult economic development over and above its currently leading sectors.
Trade Mark East Africa (TMEA) Country Director, Moses Sabiiti, observes that tourism is increasingly becoming a key source of livelihood and pride.
TMEA is regional company that supports growth of trade of different aspects, both in the region and beyond. At the local level, there are different associations that contribute to the growth of the tourism sector in Uganda.
Though spread at different times, there is a strategy and plan that each of the associations is implementing to galvanise the pluses in the sector and also deal with bottlenecks. Some are capitalising on the gains already achieved.
The single tourism visa
"Implementation of the single tourism visa has seen 4, 447 tourists applying for the single tourist visa in 2016. There has been development of four tourism products for marketing including Namugongo Shrine son et lumiere, Uganda National Museum Indigenous dinner, Uganda Rwenzori Cultural Trail and Interpretation Capacity Building for Birding."
If implemented, Sabiiti anticipates that these are estimated to bring in about 275, 000 visitors in five years, and thereby strengthening competitiveness of Uganda as a tourist destination.