- Ethiopian Airlines invests in new Zambian national carrier
- Application for Membership - The Retreat and Heaven
- Nina Maritz Architects completes shipwreck-themed timber cabins in Namibia
- Delta begins Kenya Airways codeshare service from August 2018
- The importance of the MICE industry and business events in South Africa
- Uganda: A Peek Into Uganda's Tourism Marketing Strategic Plan
- KenyaAirways appoints Catherine Kamau as Head of Marketing
- City of Johannesburg to host 2019 SA Brand Summit
- New Tourism Board for Ethiopia
- Tanzania Plans Beach Management Authority to Boost Tourism
Rwanda makes a move on European market with new air agreement
Rwanda has signed a bilateral air service agreement with Italy, in a bid to increase and ease travel between the two nations.
On Monday, August 20, Rwanda’s Minister for Infrastructure, Claver Gatete, met with Italy’s Ambassador to Rwanda, Domenico Fornara, to sign the final agreement. The negotiations had taken place in December when representatives from the two countries met in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
The agreement will allow for commercial flights between the countries, allowing designated airlines of the countries to operate commercial flights that cover the transport of passengers and cargo. The agreement also addresses frequency, capacity and pricing of flights between the two nations. With this agreement, Rwanda’s national carrier is on track to meet its goal of adding new destinations to increase its reach. The airline currently operates 26 routes.