- Tanzania Plans Beach Management Authority to Boost Tourism
- Tanzania Tourism Board gears up for Swahili Int'l Tourism Expo
- Vic Falls tourism boom excites international markets
- RwandAir launches new routes as air traffic numbers rocket
- Malawian Airlines service increases from July 2018
- Kenya's Government Banks On Wildebeest Migration to Boost Tourist Arrivals
- Zanzibar courts tourists from Southeast Asia
- FCO Update: Rwanda travel advice 13 August 2018
- Zim Records 12% Rise In Tourist Arrivals
- Rwandair increases Europe service in Dec 2018/Jan 2019
New Tourism Board for Ethiopia
The Prime Minister of Ethiopia, Abiy Ahmed, has appointed a new National Tourism Board. It will fill the void left by the sacking of the board by the former Minister of Culture and Tourism, Hirut Woldemariam in April.
The board, established five years ago, acts as an oversight committee for the tourism industry and the Ethiopian Tourism Organization (ETO). It reviews and approves budgets and programmes and also evaluates ETO’s performance. In April, the board wrote to Woldemariam, drawing attention to queries about mismanagement by officials in the Ministry of Culture and Tourism. The letter referred to a report addressing the governance of the ETO, following complaints of violations of regulations of the ETO as well as the appointment of previous ETO CEO, Yohannes Tilahun.