- Uganda to promote country's tourism in China
- Atta Financial Update: 02.03.2018
- New Atta members in February
- Zimbabwe: Vic Falls to Anchor Proposed Tourism Hub
- #MeetingsAfrica18: Share-economy highlighted ahead of official opening
- Cape Town airport set to get quieter as it cuts boarding calls
- Water savvy wineries ensure water-wise OmmiBerg Harvest Celebration
- Application for Membership - The Capital Apartments and Hotels
- Singapore Airlines increases Johannesburg service in 3Q18
- Tourism fastest growing economic sector
New direct flights from Kisumu to Mombasa to boost tourism
The local tourism industry in Mombasa is delighted by the launch of the first ever direct flights from Kisumu to the Mombasa International Airport by a domestic airline.
Tourism stakeholders in the coastal city termed the initiative by Silverstone Air as a bold step bound to give the tourism sector a ‘fabulous boost.’
They said the scheduled two times a week domestic flights were poised to further promote domestic and business tourism in the coastal region.
The Sh. 10, 000 one way flights and Sh20, 000 return flights will see the plane fly Kisumu-Mombasa route twice weekly on Fridays and Sundays.
The small aircrafts will be departing from Kisumu at 1pm arriving at the coastal town at 2.30 pm and setting off on the return path at 3 pm to land at the lakeside airport at 4.40 pm.
Branch and Business Development Manager of Express Travel Group Ltd Silvano Njeru said the move by the low cost carrier will justify further investment in tourism facilities in Mombasa.
“The move is timely and is set to boost tourism, air transport connectivity and trade between Mombasa and the lakeside city of Kisumu,” said Njeru.
Managing Director of Deans Travel Ltd Patrick Kamanga says any new route getting into an airport stimulates tourism, trade and investment.
Source: Kenya Broadcasting Corporation