- Zimbabwe's government to review visa regime to boost tourism
- Suspected poacher eaten by lions in South Africa
- RwandAir launches flights to Cape Town
- Rhino poaching in South Africa has dipped but corruption hinders progress
- Zim Govt moves to stem tourism bottlenecks
- The Gambia rejoins the Commonwealth
- Zimbabwe: ZTA to Host National Tourism Sector Strategy
- South African Tourism appoints campaign and partnerships manager
- Assassination of famous US wildlife anti-poaching czar shocks East African conservation fraternity
- Could golf be the new tourism frontier for Rwanda?
Uganda to host 4th tourism expo
Tourism has emerged the highest foreign exchange earner for the country, contributing about $1.4b to the country’s gross domestic product.
Because of this, the sector has become a priority area to the Government, thus taking several interventions to boost the sector.
One of them is the annual Pearl of Africa Tourism Expo organised by the Uganda Tourism Board (UTB) to market the various tourism potentials/products both locally and internationally.
This year’s event will take place from February 23 to 25 under the theme “Re-discovering the Pearl” at Sheraton Gardens in Kampala.
The event is supported by the tourism ministry, Kampala Capital City Authority, Uganda Wildlife Authority and the Uganda Education Wildlife Centre.
Source: New Vision