- Zambia Tourism reiterates the availability of the KAZA UniVisa
- Kenya Airways plans New York launch in late-Oct 2018
- Liuwa records increase in tourist visits
- Legal Update: Payment Services Directive
- Singapore Airlines ups flights to SA
- Legal SA: Article on Popi Regulations and Role Of Information Officer
- Najib Balala retains his tourism portfolio as President Kenyatta announces partial new cabinet
- Pure Zanzibar Ltd trading as Pure Zanzibar, Pure Tanzania and Pure Safari
- Merry Christmas from Atta - December 2017
- South Africa: Day Zero Moves Closer After High Water Usage in Cape Town
Update: Kenya Airways New York Flights
Nairobi, January 11, 2018…. Kenya Airways today marks a great milestone with the launch of a non-stop flight from Nairobi to New York. The national carrier starts selling today tickets for the inaugural flight which is scheduled for October 28th this year.
Kenya Airways becomes the first airline to offer a non-stop flight between East Africa and the United States of America.
The airline already serves Africa, Europe, Middle-East, Indian sub-continent and Asia. The opening of the US destination completes an essential piece for Kenya Airways’ network, cementing its position as one of the leading African carriers.
“This is an exciting moment for us. It fits within our strategy to attract corporate and high-end tourism traffic from the world to Kenya and Africa. We are honored to contribute to the economic growth of Kenya and East Africa.” said Kenya Airways Group Managing Director and CEO Sebastian Mikosz.
With over 40 American multinationals located in Nairobi and many more across Africa, the launch of daily flights is expected to further spur trade between America and Africa.
Kenya Airways will offer its customers a unique travel experience between two great gateways. It will be the fastest connection from East Africa to New York, with a 15 hours duration eastbound and 14 hours westbound. The ultra-long-haul flight, unique to Kenya Airways network, will require 4 Pilots and 12 Flight attendants as well as 85 tons of fuel each way, making it an exceptional operation.
The airline will operate its state of the art Boeing 787 Dreamliner with a capacity of 234 passengers. The flight will depart every day from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport hub in Nairobi at 23:25 arriving at JFK airport in New York at 06:25 the following day. From New-York it will depart at 12:25 landing at JKIA at 10:55 the following day. Its duration will be 15 hours east bound and 14 hours west bound.
This convenient schedule will allow connections to and from over 40 African destinations through Kenya Airways hub in Nairobi.
Source: Kenya Airways