- RwandAir resumes its London Heathrow service
- Broadening Horizons: Hideaways Portfolio Welcomes Masumu River Lodge and Sovereign Houseboat
- Tragedy: there WILL be large-scale, open-cast copper mine in the heart of the Lower Zambezi National Park in Zambia - latest development
- Airkenya Partners with Amref Health Africa On Covid-19 Testing Service
- Saxon Hotel, Villas and Spa Launches Their Bespoke Mobile Phone App
- Tourism in Namibia continues as before
- Lewa Wilderness Appoints Small World Marketing To Represent Them In UK And Europe
- andBeyond Launches Limited Edition Itineraries to mark 30 years of Conservation
- New ATTA® members this month – June 2021
- Good news from Bushtops - times two!
Alistair Walls appointed as Managing Director of Far & Wild TravelBy Far and Wild Travel
Alistair Walls has been appointed Managing Director of Tailormade Travel Specialist Far & Wild Travel.
Having cut his teeth in Sales Management roles at leading travel companies Imagine Travel, Exodus Travels and most recently as Head of Sales at Far & Wild Travel – Alistair has a well rounded understanding of what it takes to be a successful tour operator in 2021 and beyond.
Alistair Walls, new Managing Director said:
“I am thrilled at the opportunity to lead the Far & Wild team. The pandemic really has stress tested our business and demonstrated to me just how strong a foundation we have. I feel ready for just about anything 😀 !
Once travel returns - my immediate goals are firstly to embed sustainability firmly into our business, and secondly to build on the incredibly strong customer and supplier relationships we have developed over the pandemic to continue developing this company into ‘the’ leading provider of expert advice & brilliant holidays for all the countries we specialise in.”
Alistair has been part of the Far & Wild Travel Management team since joining from Exodus Travel in 2018. After a transition period of 3 months ending 30th Sept 21, Ben Morison, the company founder and previous MD will move to a Founder role, and cease to be involved in day-to-day management of the business.
Ben Morison, Far & Wild Founder said:
“Ali has led our team magnificently during the ongoing mayhem of the Covid pandemic – and his clear-eyed management of customer and supplier relationships has been central to ensuring we’ve remained a stable business, able to honour all our commitments – and indeed – to press ahead with many new and proactive initiatives. I can’t wait to see the energy and evolution in store for Far and Wild Travel under Ali’s leadership.”
Outside of work Alistair is a keen cyclist, and was a founder member of the hugely successful 2020 Ride4Rangers initiative. Cycling from Lands End to John O Groats it brought together the Africa travel sector to raise over $450,000 for African conservation impacted by the Covid pandemic.