05 Nov 2023

Wonderful People and Culture

90% of the population of the Seychelles are of Creole descent, usually from French colonial settlers and African slave labourers. Most of the remaining 10% of residents are of European origin. A thriving cultural melting pot, the Seychelles is home to vibrant, peaceful people referred to as Seychellois. The local art, cuisine, music and dance reflect the flavours and colours of the country's rich heritage. Creole music and dance have African, Malagasy and European influences.

The friendly blend of multi-ethnic locals invite visitors to their beautiful islands with a wide, welcoming smile.