- Joint Media Statement by the Government of the Kingdom of Eswatini and Airlink on the Discontinuation of Operations of Eswatini Airlink
- The British High Commissioner to Kenya at Porini Mara Camp
- New wildlife documentary set in the Luangwa Valley premiers on Netflix
- Equatorial Guinea Plans To Implement The Electronic Visa To Promote National Tourism
- Wilderness Safaris Botswana Enhances Family Offering
- The First Destination Spa in Victoria Falls is Back on Track to Open Soon
- [SOUTH AFRICA] Launching Coot Club
- Finding true wellbeing in Singita's restorative spaces
- Painted Wolf Wines Turns 15!
- With Green Safaris, Going Carbon Neutral Heightens the Guest Experience
Airlink commences Durban - Harare flightsBy *Angela Iacovazzo, Airlink
Airlink, Southern Africa’s premier airline today launched its direct scheduled air service between Durban and Harare.
The first flight departed Durban’s King Shaka International Airport at 10.30 and arrived at Harare’s Robert Mugabe International Airbus at 12.40. The return service took off at 13.20 and touched down in Durban at 15.35 where the flight was welcomed with a traditional water cannon salute.
“The convenience, customer appeal and affordability of our new direct service will promote business, trade and travel between the two cities and enhance the economic competitiveness of the regions they support. They also describe the importance we attach to both markets. Durban is one South Africa’s top three economic hubs and Zimbabwe is South Africa’s biggest single trade and tourism market in the region,” said Airlink CEO and Managing Director, Rodger Foster.
Flights on the route operates on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. Flights from Durban’s King Shaka International Airport depart at 10:30, landing at 12:40 at Harare’s Robert Mugabe International Airport. The return service leaves from Harare at 13:20, touching down in Durban at 15:35. Travel time is approximately 2hrs 10 min.
Airlink operates the route with its modern Embraer ERJ135 Regional Jets on the route. Fares include a 20kg free economy class checked-in luggage allowance plus a 15kg sporting equipment allowance. Onboard, customers are treated to a complimentary light meal and refreshments. Our cabins are designed for comfort with generous leg room and a choice of aisle or window seats – Airlink aircraft do not have middle seats.
Airlink flights are scheduled to provide convenient connections with our other domestic and regional services as well as with long-haul flights provided by our constellation of global airline partners.
To plan, book and manage your Airlink journey, visit www.flyairlink.com or download the new FlyAirlink smartphone app, or contact your travel agent.
COVID-19 Health and Safety onboard Airlink flights
The health and safety of our customers and employees are Airlink’s primary concern. Airlink’s aircraft are equipped with High Efficiency Particulate Air Filters (HEPA), which effectively block 99.97% of particulates, including Coronavirus molecules. These HEPA filters continually sterilize the air in our cabins, which is renewed entirely every three minutes. Read more about the cabin air quality on Airlink’s Embraer Regional Jets here .