- Back by Popular Demand: The Mara&Meru™ Everything Shirt for Safari
- Nomad Tanzania on Wetu
- SAA accommodates new fleet and sells older aircraft
- Enforced temporary change to the Ultimate Namibia Safari
- Wild Horizons Removes Plastic Bottled Water from Vic Falls Services
- 'Coquille Bonheur' Goes One Step Further Towards Sustainable Efforts
- Airlines teaming up to save a species
- Hideaways Goes Botswana!
- Acacia Africa Launches New Signature Tours & Safaris Collection
- A new look for Morukuru Owner's House and Morukuru River House - Madikwe Game Reserve
SAA Consolidates Selected Domestic Flights and International Services to MunichBy Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.MemberPublishedContent
South African Airways (SAA) is consolidating some selected domestic flights between Johannesburg and its domestic airports Cape Town and Durban, and on the international network on selected services between Johannesburg and Munich.
These decisions are in line with SAA’s usual policy of reviewing flights and consolidating services with low demand.
Furthermore, during the current process of Business Rescue, these cancellations represent a responsible strategy to conserve cash and optimise the airline’s position ahead of any further capital investment.
The consolidation on the Cape Town route is also necessary as SAA has been operating training flights for pilots on the new state-of-the-art Airbus 350-900 aircraft on this route, before transferring the new planes to international routes.
The introduction of these larger aircraft has resulted in temporary surplus capacity on the domestic route.
SAA will be reviewing further possible flight schedule amendments over the coming days.
SAA is working closely with its sister airline, Mango, to re-accommodate passengers on alternative domestic services and will re-accommodate international passengers on its services into Frankfurt (FRA) and London and on Star Alliance partner airlines.
The following domestic flights operated by SAA have been cancelled:
Johannesburg (JNB) – Cape Town (CPT)
- SA303 Depart 0530 Arrive 0735 Dates: 20, 21 & 24 January
- SA307 Depart 0700 Arrive 0905 Dates: 21 January
Cape Town (CPT) – Johannesburg (JNB)
- SA316 Depart 0820 Arrive 1015 Dates: 20, 21 & 24 January
- SA322 Depart 0950 Arrive 1145 Dates: 21 January
Johannesburg (JNB) – Durban (DUR)
- SA527 Depart 0630 Arrive 0735 Dates: 20, 21, 22 & 23 January
- SA543 Depart 0955 Arrive 1100 Dates: 20, 21, 22 & 23 January
- SA571 Depart 1655 Arrive 1800 Dates: 20 & 21 January
Durban (DUR) – Johannesburg (JNB)
- SA534 Depart 0805 Arrive 0910 Dates: 20, 21, 22 & 23 January
- SA550 Depart 1130 Arrive 1235 Dates: 20, 21, 22 & 23 January
- SA578 Depart 1840 Arrive 1945 Dates: 20 & 21 January
The following international flights have been cancelled:
Johannesburg (JNB) – Munich (MUC)
- SA264 Depart 2115 Arrive 0700 Dates: 20, 21, 22, 23 & 24 January
Munich (MUC) – Johannesburg (JNB)
- SA265 Depart 2030 Arrive 0820 Dates: 20, 21, 22, 23 & 24 January