- Sketch for Survival wildlife art collection to be revealed on World Rhino Day
- Elewana Collection donates to the Diani Turtle Watch
- Fun For The Whole Family At Elephant’s Eye, Hwange With Our Family Experience Package
- A green Christmas with Robin Pope Safaris
- The Adventure Connection launches trade Fam Trip to Rwanda
- Wilderness Safaris Returns to Chikwenya, Zimbabwe
- Guests at Elewana Arusha Coffee Lodge can enjoy new Glass Blowing experience at Shanga
- New Baby Rhino born in Sera Rhino Sanctuary
- Play Your Part In Conserving Zimbabwe’s Wildlife
- Ikirunga Spa opens its doors at Volcanoes Safaris Virunga Lodge!
Coastal Communication (1)By *Gabriele Manzoni, Coastal Aviation
Coastal Aviation continues to bolster its operational and safety standards. Since the beginning of this year, we have embarked on a journey to ensure that we meet or exceed internationally accepted standards of safety in the aviation arena. We have made considerable progress on training and put in place the foundations for those giant strides, and should soon be able to announce those developments to you and our mutual customers.
In the meantime, here are a few updates for your notice.
KWAJONI AIRSTRIP CLOSED FOR MAINTENANCE
You may recall that we stopped flying to the Kwajoni airstrip, restarted and then stopped again. Through that cycle, our Safety Teams have conducted risk assessments to evaluate the risk to our customers and aircraft. Whilst these decisions have created commercial turmoil, I hope you find it reassuring that we now have robust processes to safeguard all of us.
We are also pleased to report that the airstrip management are embarking on a further round of maintenance and rehabilitation. Thus, the airstrip will officially be closed from Monday 27 August to Saturday 16 September 2018.
We are sorry for this inconvenience, but to minimize the disruption, we have made diversion plans to route our aircraft through Tanga airport.
Our Commercial Director, Rob Prophet, ends his consultancy period this month. Since Rob joined the Coastal team some 6 months ago, he has pulled together the commercial team to lead them in great strides with structure, focus and direction. Coastal would like to extend our gratitude for all the work Rob has done in his time at Coastal. We wish him well in his future endeavors.
In the meantime, whilst we recruit the right candidate for this role, one of our Group Directors, Paolo Chiaro, will hold the fort on an ad interim basis. We will continue in the commercial direction of leveraging agency relationships to create mutual benefit, whilst enhancing the customer proposition.