How to Become an ATTA® Member
The African Travel & Tourism Association (ATTA®) is a member-driven trade association that promotes tourism to Africa from all corners of the world. Recognised as the Voice of African Tourism, ATTA® serves and supports businesses in Africa representing buyers and suppliers of tourism product across 24 African countries. With over 650 members, ATTA® acts as Pan-Africa’s largest network of tourism product covering not only accommodation, transport and travel specialists in Africa, but a formidable selection of tour operators, representation and PR companies worldwide promoting tourism to Africa.
To join ATTA® you need to:
- Be an active member in the African Travel & Tourism Industry
- Be referred to the membership by 2 of our current members - your proposers.
- The proposers must be a director or principal of the member company. If either declines to support the application, you will be given one further opportunity to find an alternative supporter. Failing that, membership will be rejected.
- Your business will need to have been trading for at least a year, have a live website and belong to your local trade association. If your business has been operating for less than a year, does not have a live website or doesn't belong to the local trade association, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Finally, all applications will be put to the ATTA® members before membership is accepted.
*NEW* Solo Membership
Launched on 02 November 2020 this is a new category of membership for those who work in the African Travel & Tourism Industry. Solo by name, solo by nature - no more than 1 person! Some examples are, but not limited to:
- Independent Tour Operators / Travel Agents selling Africa
- Private Guides
- Individuals who specialise in selling Africa or working within the Industry who are between jobs - keep up to date with what is going on.
- Individual Representation business
How to apply for Solo Membership:
- In addition to process outlined above, we require a reference from a professional in the African Travel & Tourism Industry you have previously worked with (does not have to be an ATTA® member and cannot be from one of your ATTA® member proposers).