Wilderness Safaris Announces Photographic Competition Winners
Wilderness Safaris has announced the winners of its annual Photographic Competition, which this year encouraged participants to Capture the Soul of Africa through exceptional wildlife and landscape photography. Sponsored by, and in partnership with, Olympus and Wild Shots Wildlife Photography Conference, the competition set out to harness Africa’s passion, with images that inspire the positive action that helps to conserve and restore the continent’s wilderness and wildlife.
“We received a high calibre of entries showcasing Africa’s remarkable beauty, and would like to congratulate our winners and thank all our participants, who have played a significant part in ensuring that we continue to fulfil our purpose of protecting Africa’s wilderness and wildlife. The 4 000 entries raised over R225 000, which will be channelled equally to our beneficiaries Children in the Wilderness, Namibia’s Desert Lion Conservation Project and our new Gishwati Reforestation Project in Rwanda”, says Carel Loubser, Wilderness Safaris Senior Brand Manager.
See list of winners below or click here.
Framed by the Ankosi Watule by Trevor Cole; taken at Terekeka, South Sudan
Overall Guest Winner
Father and son by Claudio Macchetto; taken at Volcanoes National Park, Rwanda
People’s Choice Overall Winner
Travelling on the Edge by Prince Eleazer; taken at Sossusvlei, Namibia
- Winner: African Wildlife
- Hippo Fight by Dennis Stogsdill; taken at South Luangwa, Zambia
- Winner: African Landscapes
- Starry Starry Night by Udo Kieslich; taken at Cederberg, South Africa
- Winner: Conserving Africa’s Wilderness
- Collaring a lioness by Morgan Trimble; taken at Kafue National Park, Zambia
- Winner: People / Cultures and Communities of Africa
- Red Warrior by Sushil Chauhan; taken at Samburu, Kenya
- Winner: Africa’s Plants and Insects (Macro)
- Mantis fire by James Kydd; taken at Cuando River, Angola