Experienced Asia and/or Latin America Travel Consultant - Fully Remote
At Timbuktu, we’re building a new kind of travel company.
We’re looking for creative and like-minded people to join us on our mission to change how people discover and book trips. Help us take people on life-changing trips to extraordinary places.
At Timbuktu our mission is to empower curious travellers to experience the far-flung corners of the world. We are always keen to hear from creative and knowledgeable Asia and Latin America travel consultants who want to help us accomplish our goal.
Your role will include:
- Helping our guests to create their dream trips online, in both design and execution.
- Closing sales ranging from cold to hot leads.
- Liaising with our partners across Asia and Latin America to ensure the highest levels of service are achieved for our guests.
- Interacting with our guests over the phone, email and instant chat at all stages of their journey, from booking to returning home from Asia and Latin America.
- Ensuring that the lodges, trips and experiences recommended on our website, and guest communications, are of the highest standard and meet our brand criteria.
- Keeping up to date with developments across Asia and Latin America including new lodges and hotels, health advice, changes of management and flight connections.
- Helping to shape the Timbuktu brand and create the best company to book with for Asian and Latin American travel!
Who you might be:
- You are knowledgeable and love of all things Asia and/or Latin America.
- You have at least 2 years experience in Asia and/or Latin America travel sales with proved performance.
- You are understanding of the sales process, and the psychology of sales.
- You have operations/management/in the field in Asia and/or Latin America being a bonus but not required.
- You have capacity to embrace change as we pioneer the new way to discover and book trips.
- You are passionate about working with people and customer service.
- You have the ability to think quickly on your feet, calmly defusing problems as they arise.
- You have a desire to make exploring Asia and Latin America easier for everyone.
How to apply
Please send your CV, along with a cover letter detailing your relevant skills and experience and why you’d like to join our team to email@example.com.
To read more about the role and about Timbuktu please see https://careers.timbuktutravel.com/