The Explorations Company - Africa Sales Specialist
Who we are and the job we currently have on offer:
Founded in 1989, The Explorations Company is a pioneering luxury tour operator providing once-in-a-lifetime holidays and expeditions around the world. Our clients love us for our creativity, meticulous planning, impeccable and highly bespoke service, and above all for our unwavering commitment to sustainability and conservation.
We have an opening for an experienced Africa Sales Specialist to join our brilliant team in the Cotswolds as we enter an exciting phase of growth.
What we are like:
- We are passionate about all things travel and have the most in-depth destination knowledge in the industry.
- We love to think outside the box and always put our clients first.
- We believe in under promising and always over delivering.
- Our clients and suppliers are like our friends, and we work hard to create exceptional connections with a long-term view.
- We believe in protecting and nurturing the destinations and communities we deal with, so philanthropy led experiences focussed on sustainability and conservation are a core part of our culture and ethos.
- We are made up of high performers who strive to champion team successes.
The job in three bullet points:
- Manage client enquiries (via telephone, video call, email and sometimes in person) to create the most extraordinary and commercially viable journeys across Africa using your unique destination knowledge & product insight.
- Contribute with enthusiasm to the ongoing development of the business, working individually and collectively to achieve mutual success for our customers and partners.
- Enhance customer experience by expertly weaving philanthropic engagement into our bespoke holidays to make the journeys more meaningful and authentic.
What will your typical day look like:
- Responding to client enquiries by phone and e-mail.
- Actively prospecting and qualifying clients to maintain a healthy sales pipeline.
- Brainstorming with colleagues and suppliers to create the most bespoke and innovative journeys and convincingly delivering your ideas to the clients.
- Maintaining and updating the CRM system (Salesforce) with all relevant customer and supplier data and updates.
- Assisting the marketing and product teams with promotional content, writing new blogs and sourcing visual content from relevant industry partners.
- Meeting the KPI’s and ensuring that your own and the company’s performance goals are achieved, which will involve maximising booking margins and customer ratings.
Have you got what it takes:
- Proven track record of working with HNW and UHNW individuals and achieving sales and service targets within a relationship-based approach.
- In-depth knowledge of multiple countries in Africa.
- Exceptional people and sales skills.
- Strong storytelling skills – both written and verbal and a solid foundation in basic maths.
- Good knowledge of MS Office programmes and ability to quickly learn and adapt to new systems and processes.
- Strong time management skills and ability to deliver quality and success in a high-pressure environment.
Sounds exciting? Let’s try and put you off:
This is a job that can change pace very quickly and requires someone who is dynamic, driven, and adaptable. If you do not like organising your day or self-discipline doesn't come naturally, you are not likely to enjoy arranging somebody else's holiday.
Every day is different and the key to being a successful salesperson in this business is to really want to be selling individual holidays specifically tailored to our guests. You have to be passionate about it and be able to bounce back from disappointments and stay grounded when you experience the highs, it’s a rollercoaster. If you do not have a passion for conservation, wildlife, people, and Africa in general then you will not be able to deliver the quality we require.
The Explorations Company is a true specialist renowned for its ultra-high-end service and unique insight. There will be pressure for you to uphold this standard of service with every call you make and email you send. If you don’t like responsibility and being accountable for the standard of your own work, then this job won’t be for you.
We’re building a TEAM at The Explorations Company - if you want to be the centre of attention then we’re not the right company for you. We talk openly, we’re accountable to each other and we respect and appreciate the roles that everyone plays within the business.
A few key facts:
- Stunning offices set in the Cotswold countryside with a fabulous on-site cafe.
- Your official home base is The Explorations Company office at Priory Court in Poulton near Cirencester. Like everyone else, we have been working from home during the pandemic and are currently running a hybrid model. You will need to figure out with your manager what works best for you, but as a guide, we expect most people to be in the office 2-3 times a week.
- Opportunities to travel and learn more about our destinations across Africa.
- We are a hardworking team and offering high-end services to our clients is our priority; however, we like to have fun while we do it.
How to apply:
All you need to do to begin the process is:
1. Read this job description carefully.
2. Tailor your CV to reflect what we are looking for.
3. Write a covering letter explaining why you think you would be a good fit for this role and what you can bring to the table.
4. We will start with an initial Zoom interview followed by an in-person meeting shortly after if we feel we are a good match.
Please email applications to Chinmay Vasavada at [email protected].