- Malawian Airlines service increases from July 2018
- Kenya's Government Banks On Wildebeest Migration to Boost Tourist Arrivals
- Zanzibar courts tourists from Southeast Asia
- FCO Update: Rwanda travel advice 13 August 2018
- Zim Records 12% Rise In Tourist Arrivals
- Rwandair increases Europe service in Dec 2018/Jan 2019
- F1 coming to Africa as Zimbabwe announces plans to launch Vic Falls Grand Prix
- UnionPay establishes closer ties between Chinese, SA tourism
- AirZimbabwe Board of Directors dissolved and administrators called in
- SA Express will soon be taking to the skies again
RwandAir launches new routes as air traffic numbers rocket
According to projections from Rwanda’s Ministry of Infrastructure and affiliated institutions, the number of people visiting or transiting through Rwandan airports is expected to increase to over one million this fiscal year, as the national carrier prepares to launch five new destinations.
Permanent Secretary within the Ministry of Infrastructure, Christian Rwakunda, presented the figures, which predict that the country’s aviation traffic, which currently sits at 926 571, will rise to 1 151 300 passengers, reports The New Times.
In 2016-2017, Rwanda recorded 747 761 passengers either visiting the country or in transit to another destination.
Whilst presenting the performance contracts signed between the Ministry with its line agencies, Rwakunda said RwandAir was the reason behind the increase in numbers and, during the course of this fiscal year, would add five new destinations.