- Ethiopian Airlines Zanzibar service changes from Dec 2017
- Africa's biggest modern art gallery opens in Cape Town
- Cultivating the next generation of tourism professionals
- Application for Membership - Borana
- Latest rhino stats shocking
- Tourism and travel trade joins GP Lifestyle Tourism Street Party to celebrate Gauteng
- Adventure race Expedition Africa to put spotlight on Namaqua West Coast
- Sustainable tourism development in Africa: UN General Assembly discusses issue
- Tourism business performance sees decline but it's not all doom and gloom
- Atta Financial Update - 19 Sep 17
Isiolo airport brings good tidings to Mt Kenya region
The soon-to-be opened Isiolo Airport is expected to unfurl Mt Kenya region and help it compete with other counties as a tourism destination.
Being one of the Vision 2030 flagship projects, the airport aims at unlocking the economic potential of the region.
“The travel time will be cut by half for tourists landing at the airport,” said Mt Kenya regional chairman of Kenya Association of Hotelkeepers and Caterers, Mr Edward Wangeci.
He said the region would be a favourable destination for adventure, sports tourism, game viewing and family and romantic excursions.
Mr Wangeci added that the Kenya Tourism Board would aggressively promote Mt Kenya region to attract international tourists.
“For years, the tourism board has focused on beach and safari hubs. Here, we have the second tallest mountain in Africa after Kilimanjaro, and it is very scenic. With KTB focusing on the Mt Kenya region, the airport could not have come at a better time,” he told the Sunday Nation.
Several products are also being lined up to make the region.
Source: Business Daily