- Ethiopia: Council Sets to Increase Tourist Inflow - City Mayor
- Tanzania and Israel tourist boards on joint drive
- Ethiopian Airlines to Scale-up Operations with 10 Additional Airbus Aircraft
- Rise in jumbo population lifts tourism recovery bid
- Kenya: Tourism to Grow 6% Annually in the Next Decade, Global Report Projects
- Supporting Sustainable Tourism Projects in Rwanda
#KnysnaRises: Oyster Festival to include new ‘Phoenix’ Trail Run
Knysna proves to be swiftly on the rise as officials confirm that many of the scenic town’s annual events will be going ahead as planned.
The Pick n Pay Knysna Oyster Festival – one of SA’s favourite winter festivals – will start in two weeks on July 7, together with the Knysna Cycle tour. And Knysna Tourism was thrilled to announce that the annual Featherbed Trail Run, that is part of Oyster Festival, is going ahead this year thanks to “the timely intervention of new headline sponsors”.
According to Knysna Tourism, 100% of the well-known Featherbed Trail Run routes have been affected by the fires, and safety and environmental concerns “forced the event hosts and organisers to abandon the original event course and format”.
With a new headline sponsor, Bayport Financial Services, the Featherbed Trail Run will now be known as the Bayport Phoenix Edition.
The format is still an 11km Seahorse Trail Run and a 15km Coelecanth Run, plus a new edition, the 21km Great White Trail Run. “It promises to be an amazing experience as all races start from Buffalo Bay,” says Knysna Tourism.