- Top judges announced for Avis Atta Media Awards
- HVS launches executive matchmaking service for Africa's hotel industry
- Technology advancements changing the face of tourism
- US and UK ban cabin laptops on some inbound flights
- Kenya, Laikipia
- RwandAir: Full steam ahead
- Atta Financial Update (12)
- Zambia: 2017 ZATEX preparations are underway
- Collaboration will make life saving water bottles available at WTM Africa
- Cape Verde reports tourism increase
KTB official appointed to global tourism forum board
A Kenyan tourism official has been appointed as an advisory board member of the World Tourism Forum Lucerne, based in Switzerland.
Kenya Tourism Board marketing director Jacinta Nzioka, 42, becomes the 24th member and the first representative from Africa in the global tourism organisation’s advisory board.
A statement from World Tourism Forum Lucerne says: “After a detailed talent search process, Jacinta Nzioka from Kenya has just been appointed to the advisory board.”
The global organisation described Ms Nzioka as a marketing official with excellent knowledge in tourism marketing and that she was highly experienced in the field of community-based tourism and sustainable development.
“Through the expertise and know-how from our members, we ensure that the Forum is always in touch with the changing times, said the Advisory Board’s chairman Reto Wittwer.
Source: Daily Nation