- Emirates Airline Forced To Cancel Nairobi Flights After Kenya Backtracks On Deal
- Sustainable and responsible tourism driving development in Africa
- New Atta Members this month (4)
- SAT Strengthens Ties With Nigeria To Boost Tourism
- Atta Financial Update (5)
- Richard Leakey, Renowned Kenyan Paleoanthropologist, Conservationist and Politician to Attend Conservation Lab 2017
Continental passport on the agenda as AU Summit kicks off in Ethiopia
President Jacob Zuma has arrived in Addis Ababa, in Ethiopia, to attend the 28th Ordinary Session of the Assembly of Heads of State and Government of the African Union.
The summit will be conducted under the theme: "Harnessing the Demographic Dividend through Investment in the Youth".
The AU Assembly will be preceded, on 29 January 2017, by a retreat of AU Heads of State and Government, where the leaders will consider a report to be presented by the President of Rwanda, Paul Kagame, on institutional reforms of the AU aimed at enhancing the continental body's governance systems.
Amongst other things, the Assembly will consider and deliberate on reports focusing on the state of peace and security on the continent, the African Peer Review Mechanism and Climate Change.