- South Africa looks to Kenya to shore up tourist arrivals
- Agritourism association to launch in October
- Africa's Tourist Arrivals Increase
- Tourism outlook positive as global forum opens in Kigali
- New Cape Town art museum to open in 2017
- Atta24 Crisis Call
- Webinar: Saruni Rhino & Rhino Tracking in Northern Kenya
- Africa hotel investment forum opens in Kigali
Tourists arrivals from Kenya to South Africa record 6.7 per cent growth
Tourist arrivals from Kenya to South Africa registered a 6.7 per cent growth in the first seven month of this year.
According to regional director for Africa at South African Tourism, Evelyn Mahlaba, the number of Kenyan tourists, who visited South Africa from January to July this year rose 6.7 per cent to 15,719 compared to the same period last year.
She said majority of Kenyan tourists who visited South Africa were leisure and business travellers while the rest were on holiday.
In order to build up the tourist numbers from Kenya, Ms Mahlaba said a delegation of South African Tourism will participate in Kenya’s largest travel show, Magical Kenya Travel Expo scheduled for October 12 to 14.
Source: TVC News