- Ethiopia’s Tourism Revenue Hits Record High in 2015, Beats Kenya and Tanzania Combined
- Nordic roadshow focuses on MICE segment
- Atta Africa Financial Update (75)
- What Hosting the African Union Summit Means for Rwanda's Hospitality Industry
- World Travel Market London 2016 to mark key responsible tourism anniversaries
- The gorilla naming ceremony in Rwanda expected to attract celebrities to Kinigi
- Uganda Starts Online Visa Application
- New railway to link Mombasa and Nairobi
Association of Uganda tour Operators (AUTO) Votes a new board
Yesterday, 14th July 2016 several heads and owners of tour companies in Uganda, who form the membership of the Association of Uganda Tour Operators, met in what was dubbed the “AUTO Annual General Meeting (AGM) 2016 at Hotel Africana,” an event they hold every year.
The meeting was attended by over 200 people and more than 100 tour operators were represented.
At this year’s AGM, the previous board gave an account of what they have accomplished over their 2 years of service since 10th July 2014 when they were voted into authority.
As is in the AUTO constitution, members also held nominations of candidates, who were then seconded by at least 1 member of the association. Thereafter, an election to vote for a new board was held. A total of 186 votes were cast, with only 1 invalid vote.
The election was presided over by a private Electoral Committee headed by Dr. Akankwasa (Ministry of Tourism Wildlife & Antiquities); including Raymond Engena (Uganda Wildlife Authority); John Waigo (Uganda Tourism Board) and Senior Commissioner of police Omoding. It was agreed that the elections were free and fair, with the greatest level of transparency.