- Joint Statement Between KTB and KTF on Stray Lions
- Tanzania will revamp roads in national parks to lure more tourists
- Dynamic events programme line-up unveiled for WTM Africa 2016
- A very sad loss for Footsteps in Africa
- Tanzania and Kuwait seal contract on new direct flights
- World’s leading tour company to introduce charters to Kenya
- FCO Travel Update: Rwanda (8)
- FCO Travel Update: Namibia (2)
- Kilimanjaro region developing into a new tourist hot spot
Customer appreciation is key
From Travel Weekly:
The vast majority of consumers leave one business for another not because of one particular incident of poor service but simply because they are ignored, says Carol Parsons, owner of Virtual Sales, which specializes in travel industry education and business coaching.
“Studies show that the main reason businesses lose the loyalty of their customers is because of indifference,” Parsons said during a webinar for the Travel Institute. “They don't feel appreciated, valued or cared for.”
Travel agents who pay attention to their customers' needs and desires have an important edge over competitors, especially those who don't offer a human touch, she said.
Read the full story here.