- Atta Networking event ITB Berlin 2016
- Kenya Airways and Air France Code Share
- Africa destination for the super-rich
- Celebrities to be the Ambassadors of Reunion Island Tourism
- End of Ebola virus in Guinea
- Atta Africa Financial Update (46)
- Happy Holidays from Atta! (1)
- Latest data a Christmas present for Kenya's tourism industry
- Atta Africa Financial Update (48)
Tanzania New Tourism Minister
The appointment of a new tourism minister in Tanzania raises hopes of an alignment for a tourism visa across East Africa
Professor Jumanne Maghembe the former Minister for Water and Irrigation has returned to government as Minister of Tourism having served in the same position for a short period in 2007. No stranger to government he has also served as Education and Agriculture Minister.
The industry is hopeful that he will form a closer relationship with the Kenyan government and other East African partners. Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda established a unilateral Visa in 2014. Zambia and Zimbabwe swiftly responded with the Kaza visa. It will be interesting to see if Tanzania aligns with other SADAC countries (Kenya is not in SADAC) or moves closer to their East African partners in tourism, joining their well-established Uni-Visa scheme.