- SATIB Advisory: 7 Key Insurance Covers For Tour Operators
- Uganda: New Online Tool to Promote Local Tourism
- FCO Travel Update: Kenya (4)
- Reminder: Kenya’s President extends travel visa on arrival facility
- South Africa National Parks offer free entry to local visitors during Heritage Week
- KQ introduces ‘lounge day pass’
- KENYA VISAS STILL AVAILABLE AT PORT OF ENTRY
Tanzania Tourist Board Woos UAE Carriers to Lift Numbers
Tanzania's tourism marketing agency, the Tanzania Tourist Board (TTB), is in crucial talks with Etihad Airways and Flydubai on how they can work together to promote Tanzania tourism. Both carriers fly out of the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
TTB confirmed that discussions are at an advanced stage and the tourism board is working out detailed proposals with local travel agents, tour operators, trade as well as the media so they can team up to promote Tanzania attractions to potential visitors in the UAE and Far East.
The cooperation is expected to increase in-bound and out-bound tourists in Tanzania and the UAE including business travellers.
Introducing new routes to Tanzania is also a new strategy designed to help travellers from different parts of the world to directly enter the country. This would reduce time and money spent in transit, especially tourists who have to fly via the neighbouring countries.
Recent research carried out by TTB indicates that presently more than 300,000 tourists who wish to visit Tanzania's tourist attractions are made to spend considerable time in transit at airports. This is due to the limited direct flights available.