- Kenya Seeking Direct Milan-Malindi Flight
- Atta CEO: Tourism to Zimbabwe flourishes despite sanctions
- Atta Africa Financial Update (33)
- Damian Cook: Online Marketing Best for Kenya's Tourism Recovery
- President of Kenya launches new international campaign to support tourism drive
- Increase in Harare - Dar Flights
- British Airways reduces flights to Cape Town
- Uptake of East Africa’s single tourist visa increases
KQ introduces ‘lounge day pass’
Kenya Airways has introduces a ‘pay lounge day pass’, allowing business-class passengers and top-tier frequent fliers the opportunity to bring guests along to the lounges for a fee. The service will be sold as LOUN for lounge access in Altea Reservation as EMD-S.
The charges will be dependent on point of access at the lounges and the service is available at the following lounges:
- Simba Lounge Terminal 1A: US$40 (R558) or its equivalent in Kenya Shillings, depending on ROE per invited guest.
- Simba Lounge Terminal 1C: US$30 (R418) or its equivalent in Kenya Shillings, depending on ROE per invited guest.
- Msafiri Lounge Terminal 1D: US$20 (R279) or its equivalent in Kenya Shillings, depending on ROE per invited guest.
If a passenger is booked and travelling in business class, they are entitled to four paying guests. If the guest is travelling in economy and a holder of Platinum or Gold card or is in the same tier as mentioned on one of the SkyTeam partners, then he/she is entitled to one complimentary and two paying guests. If the guest is a Silver Elite card holder, they will pay for access.
Conditions of admittance
- Lounge admission will be granted subject to availability.
- The lounge reserves the right of admission.
- The day pass will be valid for eight hours on day of travel.
- The lounge will be operational between 05h00-00h01.
- The lounge service, once sold, cannot be refunded.
- Pay lounge day pass is not transferable.
- Infants will have free access to the lounge (i.e. children who have not celebrated their second birthday).
- Children above two years will pay same rate as adults (no discount).
- Invited guests must be flying with a SkyTeam carrier; Kenya Airways partner airlines; or Kenya Airways Customer Airlines handled by Kenya Airways.
Passengers holding tickets on KLM, Saudia Airlines, China Southern, Air Mauritius, Precision Air, Ethiopian Airlines, EgyptAir, RwandAir and Air Mozambique will pay and access the lounges according to guidelines.
A VVIP lounge is available as an extra service offered to VVIP guests who will wish to gain extra privacy in the lounge. On top of the US$40 for access to the Simba Lounge, a charge of US$50 per hour will be charged for the room. It can accommodate a maximum of five people and steward services will be available to the guest, on request