- Cabinet to reassess new visa regulations, says SA tourism minister
- Atta Africa Financial Update (28)
- Kenya sees UAE tourist numbers rise over 77%
- Uganda to host global tourism expo, excellence awards
- South African Tourism appoints FCB South Africa
- Why Microsoft CEO chose kenya for global launch of Microsoft 10
- Another airline heads to Durban
- Google to put Samburu Reserve on Street View
Uruguay Seeks to Come Closer to Africa
Uruguayan Foreign Minister said his country wants to be closer to the African continent by opening an embassy in Addis Ababa, the headquarters of the African Union (AU).
For Uruguay a presence in the Ethiopian capital, in addition to the embassies in Angola, Egypt and South Africa, could be useful to strengthen those links and have trade agreements.
According to the agency, the minister reminded the International Affairs Committee of the Senate at its recent hearings that there are 53 African countries members of the United Nations.
Uruguay may seek their support in its bid to become part of the UN Security Council in 2016, it was indicated.
The Foreign Ministry has reportedly appointed Romero Rodriguez as a roving ambassador in Africa.