- Malawi: Fastjet Starts Flights to Malawi
- Zimbabwe: Zim to Carry Out Tourism Survey
- New ferry adds travel capacity between Zanzibar and Dar es Salaam
- Lions are returning to Rwanda
- Survey: Trade shows in South Africa
- FCO Travel Update: South Africa (9)
- Report on UK-outbound market
- Malawi Entry Visa Implementation Postponed
- UK and Irish travellers to benefit from new Kenyan e-visa
South Africa- Sports and Events Tourism Exchange
BRYANSTON, South Africa - Thebe Reed Exhibitions, have announced that the City of Tshwane will be the Host City partner for the Sports & Events Tourism Exchange (SETE), for the next three years. Now in its fifth year SETE will be taking place from 27 to 29 October 2015, at the Protea Hotel Fire and Ice! Menlyn, City of Tshwane.
The annual Sports and Events Tourism Exchange is the only event of its kind in Africa and provides a platform that brings together businesses from the Sports, Events & Tourism industries, and encourages collaboration between these sectors, consisting of a two-day conference, table top exhibition and networking events. International buyers from over 20 countries were hosted over the past three years resulting in estimated business-worth of over R30 million, for the South African economy.
The partnership with the KZN Department of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs; SASCOC and Cathsseta over the past three years, has also yielded positive results. A key milestone achieved at last year’s conference was agreement by the Sports & Events and Tourism industries, to support City of Durban’s bid for the 2022 Commonwealth Games.
This year the debate on how to grow Sports and Events Tourism in South Africa will continue and key topics like Golf Tourism in SA, The Business of Sport, Trends in the sports and events tourism industry, will feature as part of the SETE Conference Programme.