- Webinar this Thursday: Belmond Safaris in Botswana, a journey like no other...
- Atta Regatta 2015 - Photos online now
- FCO Travel Update: Malawi (2)
- New Entry Fee For Visitors To Malawi (Effective 01 July 2015)
- Yoga adds new dimension to travel and tourism
- Africa has the fastest growing amount of rich people
- Wetu Supplier Workshops
- South African Tourism Launches Madiba's Journey Phone App
Rwanda eyes Indian market for tourism and investment
Rwanda has become the latest country to seek investment and tourists from India.
The country organized its first such promotion event in Delhi on June 18 to create awareness among the Indian travel trade and investors to tell about the many unique attractions of Rwanda, chief among them being Gorilla safaris, bird watching, and rain forest and helicopter tours to see the country.
Both diplomats and tour operators from the country told the Indian agents and media that the location of the country was ideal and it was possible to see the many cities and scenic areas in a short time. The visa regime has also been made attractive, they said.
Caves and the Nile trail were also waiting to be explored, said Mucyo Rutishisha, 2nd Counsellor, High Commission of the Republic of Rwanda in India, adding that the culture and warmth of the people was another strong point of the country. Songs and dances from Rwanda were also presented on the occasion.
Kenya Airways, which has convenient links from India to Rwanda via Nairobi, also showed a presentation, asking the India agents and tourists to use the large network of Kenya Airways to promote Kenya and Rwanda.
The Rwanda leadership also sought ideas from the Indian agents on how to promote this new, upcoming destination in India.