- Health Update
- Visa regs: Home Affairs, Wesgro to host workshop
- Zambia President opens Lusaka National Park
- Survey: Your views on the "unguided" walking ban in Mana Pools
- flyafrica.com launches flights from Harare to Bulawayo and Harare to Lusaka and Lubumbashi
- KTB launches marketing campaign in GCC market
- FCO Travel Update: South Africa (8)
- Atta’s new speed dating style, one - day workshop at Wembley Stadium, London on Friday 6th Nov 2015
- Webinar: Belmond Safaris in Botswana, a journey like no other... (1)
- British HC in Mara over weekend with family and declares it safe
Cross Okavango Expedition to Promote Tourism
The Cross Okavango Expedition will grow appreciation of the country's tourism product and encourage local travel, the Botswana Tourism Organisation (BTO) has said.
BTO said they partnered with the adventure photojournalists leading the expedition after realising the potential of the project.
They together with two members of Timeline Production started a 16 day traditional mokoro trip to explore the Okavango Delta on June 1 from Seronga to Shakawe and Shakawe to Maun. They expect to arrive in Maun on June 16. The expedition came at an opportune moment following the listing of the Okavango Delta as a UNESCO World Heritage site last year.
Appreciation of tourism among Batswana has recently improved owing to cultural events such as Makgadikgadi Epic, Khawa Dune Challenge and others. There is a growing diversity of events that promote tourism, which range from culture to sports.