- New Atta Chairman
- Hospitality Outlook 2015 for South Africa
- Zimbabwe: Tourism to Earn U.S $3 Billion
- South Africa New Visa Regs Impasse- a touch of Frost
- CNN to Market Kenya As a Tourist Destination
- Ethiopian Launches Non-stop Flights from Addis to Sao Paulo
- FCO Travel Update: Senegal (4)
South Africa: Tourism Minister Concerned About Visa Regulations
Tourism minister Derek Hanekom has expressed concern about the effect of new visa regulations on the tourism industry.
However, it was too early to determine its exact impact on the industry that grew by 6.6% in 2014, higher than most countries' averages.
There had been negative growth over the past six months from countries affected by the regulations.
He said he was in discussions with Home Affairs Minister Malusi Gigaba to try and find ways to alleviate the problem.
The opposition Democratic Alliance has also expressed concern over the impact of the regulations, especially with them being tightened from June when children will be required to travel with unabridged birth certificates.