- Zambia: Help Market Tourism, Media Told
- New flights to Zambia’s largest national park – Kafue
- South Africa: Tourism Minister Concerned About Visa Regulations
- No more yellow fever requirement for travellers from SA to Zambia
- New Atta Chairman
- Hospitality Outlook 2015 for South Africa
- Zimbabwe: Tourism to Earn U.S $3 Billion
International interest grows for Vic Falls airport
More international airlines have shown interest in introducing operations to the new Victoria Falls Airport.
In January Priscilla Mawire, Acting Director of Vic Falls Airport, told Tourism Update that Etihad, Kenya Airways and Emirates had shown interest in launching direct flights, but that the Civil Aviation Authority of Zimbabwe (CAAZ) still needed to engage in a more serious approach with these airlines.
A spokesperson for CAAZ furthermore revealed that it was anticipated that British Airways, Qatar Airways, Fast Jet and Air Botswana would introduce the Victoria Falls route to their flight itineraries.
The airport is currently used by Air Zimbabwe, South African Airways, BA Comair, Air Namibia, Fly Africa and charter flights
Africa Albida Tourism Chief Executive, Ross Kennedy, said: “The positive impact of the new Victoria Falls International Airport is still a long way from being measured, but the trade is excited at the potential of long haul direct routes, instead of via Johannesburg.”
The Victoria Falls Airport is four months away from opening.
Soure: Tourism Update