- Awesome South Africa mobile app launched to promote tourism
- Ethiopian to start flights to Cape Town and Gaborone
- New Airlines for Mozambique
- New road lauched from Mombasa to the South Coast
- Malawi growing as a Self Drive Destination
- Another domestic airline set to launch in SA
- Webinar: Belmond Safaris in Botswana, a journey like no other...
- Atta Africa Financial Update (21)
Ethiopia Aim At Being Among Top Five Tourist Destinations in Africa
The Ethiopian Tourism Organization (ETO) has said it is making strong efforts to promote Ethiopia to the rest of the world towards realizing the vision of becoming among the top fivetourist destinations in Africa by 2025.
ETO said the organization has a vision of having about 5 million tourists to the country to generate about 7 billion U.S. dollars earnings from the tourism sector by 2025.
To realize the vision, improving services is one of the top priorities of the organization and are looking at working towards improving all the services, including hotels, lodges, transportation and professional tour guides.
With very old history, diverse culture, beautiful landscape, rich wildlife range as well as suitable weather, Ethiopia has the potential for tourism, which can contribute to its economic development.
The CEO also stated that his organization is working with stakeholders to boost the sector in the country.