- Kenya engages global PR firm to promote tourism investments
- Interview with Fiona Jeffery on Just a Drop and WTTC Tourism for Tomorrow Awards
- Tanzania Tourist Board debuts nine more cultural tourism enterprises
- Tourism in Zambia Expected to Grow By 30 Percent
- Travel Industry Needs To Be Google Mobile Friendly
- Members on the Atta Stand ODG02 at Indaba
- Zambia: Domestic Tourism Data Base Coming
SAT and National Geographic team for campaign featuring Nelson Mandela
National Geographic Channel (NGC) and South Africa Tourism have collaborated to create a campaign showing photojournalist Pablo Corral Vega as he traces the life of Nelson Mandela.
The 60-second film launches later this month on NGC, airing in South African Tourism’s key markets across North America, Asia-Pacific, Latin America and Europe.
The campaign film follows Vega's journey as he travels from the Eastern Cape in Qunu, where Mandela spent his early childhood, through to Robben Island off the coast of Cape Town where Mandela was imprisoned.
Deborah Armstrong, EVP media sales & brand partnerships, at NGC parent company Fox International Channels, commented: “We are truly honoured to partner with South African Tourism in sharing this inspirational content that celebrates the life and times of such an incredible human being.”
The film forms part of NGC's ‘Through The Lens’ series, which features films by a portfolio of the channel's photographers including David Doubilet, Mattias Klum, Joel Sartore and Stephen Alvarez.