- Zatex Hosted Agents Program
- Ditching Dreamliners: Why United Just Bought a Bunch of Older Airplanes
- For African tourism, the future means 'profits with principles'
- Malawi and Egypt Sign MoU to Enhance Tourism Relations
- Atta Indaba Networking Event 9 May, 2015 (2)
- INDABA 2015 Business Buyers Lounge
- WTTC announces 2015 Tourism for Tomorrow Awards winners
Expedia launches Apple Watch app
Expedia released the Expedia app for Apple Watch, providing a convenient new way for travelers to receive and access helpful trip information at a glance.
Expedia on Apple Watch is available in the App Store and provides a useful travel solution with notifications, glances and more to give people the facts and confidence they need for a better overall travel experience.
“Timing is everything, especially when it comes to travel,” said Jerald Singh, Head of Mobile at Expedia. “With the Expedia app for Apple Watch, we’re delivering a more personalized experience by providing the most helpful, relevant information at the right moment throughout a traveler’s journey. We know receiving information on your wrist is an incredibly intimate notion, so we’re being sensitive about ensuring any updates we share with you on the watch are both actionable and pertinent based on where you are in your trip. Our biggest goal with Apple Watch is to help travelers during their journey; if we do that well, we think they will want to come back to Expedia for their future travel needs.”
Designed for quick and easy interaction, the app delivers personalized trip data and alerts to travelers’ wrists for every stage of the journey. Key features include:
• Notifications: Receive over 20 different types of alerts for flight status, gate changes, hotel check-in and check-out, car rental pick-up and drop-off times and more.
• Glances: See the most relevant reservation information, like hotel check-in time, addresses and maps, at a glance. Simply swipe up on the watch face and scroll left or right to access the information you need.
• The App: Access itineraries for upcoming trips to see detailed flight and hotel information. For flights, the app presents departure and arrival times, gate numbers and terminals. For hotels, it shows check-in and check-out times, maps, directions and phone numbers.
Expedia on Apple Watch is free and can be downloaded today in the App Store in the United States, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, and the United Kingdom.