- This Week at Atta HQ (30)
- SA Tourism to open Brazil office
- A Nine-Year Old Tanzanian Girl Scales Kilimanjaro
- FCO Travel Update: Uganda (5)
- FCO Travel Update: Tanzania (5)
- Webinar: How can Botswana be different yet affordable? (1)
- Commercial News from Africa (24)
- South Africa Tourism Report Q3 2014 - New Market Research Report
Runway Upgrade - Abuja Airport to Close This Weekend
The Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport (NAIA) in Nigeria will again be closed to all traffic from midnight on July 12 to July 14.
The runway of the airport, which was closed for 30 hours for rehabilitation last weekend, had been re-opened for flight operations. The second phase of the rehabilitation of the remaining section of the runway would however take place for another 30 hours between Saturday 12, (2300 UTC) and Monday 14 (0500 UTC), 2014.
The runway rehabilitation was being done in two phases to minimise the inconvenience the runway closure would have on air passengers and aircraft operators if it was carried out at once.