- Atta's Latin American Newsletter (1)
- Low cost London-Cape Town flights on the cards
- Learn SA India
- Toll Fees Lowered At Beitbridge
- Emirates goes live with online booking from Zambian provinces
- First budget hotel makes its way into Kenya tourism market
- This Week at Atta HQ (29)
Commercial News from Africa
Key commercial and political activity in Africa for private equity investors by DCE Partners, UK Private Equity advisors to Atta.
Huge blue diamond will fetch record price. A massive 122.52 carat blue diamond has been discovered in South Africa. UK-based Petra Diamonds made the find at its Cullinan mine in the Magaliesberg mountain range - north of Pretoria. The mine is already famous for uncovering the largest rough diamond ever discovered, weighing 3,106 carats. More recently the mine has sold a large blue diamond for £14m (US$24m) weighing 29.6 carats.
Qatar brings Zimbabwe into the fold. Qatar Airways is set to expand its African presence and introduce flights to Zimbabwe. The plan initially is to extend from Johannesburg to Harare at least three flights a week initially and soon after a direct flight.