- This Week at Atta HQ (8)
- South African Tourism launches outdoor campaign in 22 Indian cities
- Gambia Tourism Board, Parks and Wildlife Sign Pact to Promote Sustainable Tourism
- British Airways to stop flying to Maputo
- Tanzania hotels to receive improved electricity supply
- Architectural Wonders of Africa
Emirates in West Africa
New flight route to open between Abuja and Kano in Nigeria
The company’s executive vice president Thierry Antinori said: “Nigeria is experiencing strong demographic and economic growth.
“The country is strategic to Emirates’ global expansion, as is Africa.
“With a daily linked service to Abuja and Kano, we will offer from three major cities in the country a very convenient and comfortable access to Dubai, and onwards to other destinations on the Emirates network, including more than 30 destinations in the Middle East and Asia Pacific, where we operate our popular Airbus A380 to 12 cities such as Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Bangkok and Sydney.”
He added: “The new service will also help create new opportunities for business, industry and tourism”.
Emirates has been present in Nigeria since January 2004 when it launched its first flights from Dubai to Lagos.