- Serengeti Highway good news or is it?
- UK's Africa minister promises strong support from UK
- Jane Goodall In the Shadow of Man
UNESCO names new Heritage sites in Kenya
Kenya is named as UNESCO adds eight new locations to its list of World Heritage sites. The sites were named following the 35th session of the World Heritage committee, held from 19-29 June 2011 at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris.
1. Kenya The Lake System in the Great Rift Valley
2/3 Japan, ‘Hiraizumi - Temples, Gardens & Archaeological Sitesand the .Ogasawara Islands; a group of 30 islands in the Pacific Ocean,
4. China ‘West Lake Cultural Landscape of Hangzhou’, in China’s Zhejiang province.
5. Western Australia The Ningaloo Coast
6. Colombia Coffee Cultural Landscape
7. Barbados The historic Bridgetown and its Garrison i
8. Germany and Slovakia The Primeval Beech Forests of the Carpathians