Painted wolf in a nutshell
- Jeremy and Emma started Painted Wolf Wines in 2007
- Fuelled by a fusion of passions & experience in wine with our love of the bush and wildlife (working in Lloyds camp, Chobe, Botswana) & our commitment to conservation
- We have a range of 14 wines, with three price tiers. These are some of our latest awards :-
Old Mutual Trophy Wine Show 2019 – Top producer overall.
- Concours Mondial du Sauvignon 2021 - Gold
- Decanter World Wine Awards 2021 - Silver
8 x John Platter 4.5* and 4* - 2021
Michaelangelo Gold 2020
Tim Atkin South Africa report 2021 - 90 - 92 points
Winemag Prescient reports – 91 and 93 points
- Our story is unusual and enjoyed by the press
- All wine purchased benefits the highly endangered African wild dog through a donation from each bottle sold going to the EWT in South Africa or TUSK
- NEW Tasting & Sales venue open - Simondium Guild, R45 (Paarl to Franschhoek Road)
- We have distribution in South Africa, UK, US, Canada, Portugal, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Hungary, Japan, Australia, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Kenya, Russia and Namibia so far
- We are building a community – a large pack of like-minded individuals
- We have a high standard of artwork to be enjoyed on our labels
- We are committed to our mantra of being ‘Remarkably Persistent, Persistently Remarkable’
- Painted Wolf Wines draws inspiration from the painted wolf or African wild dog. Our focus is to produce carefully hand crafted, distinctive wines whilst actively supporting the conservation of the African wild dog. We purchase organic and sustainably farmed grapes from the vineyard owners in our ‘pack’.
- We support conservation projects throughout Southern Africa through donations from wine sales, the creation of advocacy opportunities and evangelizing for conservation on an ongoing basis. We are delighted to be associated with some of the most respected conservation organizations operating in southern Africa including the Tusk Trust, the Endangered Wildlife Trust, and Children in the Wilderness. .
Please contact me if you would like any further information:- Emma Borg: firstname.lastname@example.org
Where we operate
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Eco tourism
PEDALS 4 PAWS is a charity supporting southern Africa’s rarest and most endangered carnivore, the wild dog. Periodic cycle rides through the African wilderness raise money for the conservation of rare and endangered African Painted Wolves.