Mozambique enjoys a warm climate but with a coastline of 2,812km's, the north (bordering Tanzania) can be quite different to the south (bordering South Africa). The heat and rains of December to March can be very humid with minimum temperatures being c.23°C. The rain showers bring much relief from the heat
Peak temperatures can reach 33°C in December - February
June to October enjoys clear blue skies, warm days and cooler nights. Almost no rain can be guaranteed
The rains come with the hotter months of December - March. Average rainfall is however relatively low
Best known for: Endless kilometres of pristine and unspoilt coastline, rich and diverse culture, one of the worlds finest diving locations and warm, welcoming communities.
Lesser known for: It's untouched National Parks, marine research projects, sustainable development and community projects.
Dates for the diary
Mozambique COVID Protocols
Mozambique COVID-19 Travel Protocols
Updated: 05 September 2022
- Fully vaccinated traveller no longer require a PCR test prior to travel
- All unvaccinated travellers must take a PCR COVID-19 test 72hrs prior to arrival / within 7 days if crossing a land border.
- Children under 11yrs are exempt from testing / vaccination requirements
- Visas are available on arrival
- Presentation of COVID-19 PCR -ve certificate as outlined
- All travellers are required to provide their contact details to the Mozambican authorities.
Dependent on airline / transit point / final destination
Useful links and documents
- Wearing face coverings compulsory in public spaces.
- Click HERE for an unofficial document highlighting the most recent official statement.