- Save the Date - OurAfrica.Travel Returns in 2023
- Ethiopian Airlines Opens a Five-Star In-Terminal Hotel Inside Addis Ababa Bole International Airport
- Lion Tracking: A signature experience at Governors' Mugie House
- IMPACT Workshop 2022
- Classic Portfolio welcomes new member Wild Expeditions
- Namibia Tourism Board London Roadshow
- Bushtracks launches a brand new photographic cruise
- Join us! Introduction to Chad | Tues, 13 September @ 2pm (UK)
- Securing 25 Years for the purpose of Community & Conservation
- Okapuka joins Gondwana Collection Namibia’s portfolio
AirKenya Opens New Luxury Passenger LoungeBy Jackline Wambugi, AirKenya Express
We have finally opened our newly-refurbished passenger lounge.
The exclusive lounge boasts three levels which offer ample comfortable seating space, with the upper lounge providing a spectacular view of Wilson Airport set against a backdrop of the Ngong Hills in the distance.
On arrival at the terminal, you enter a modern, functional space designed with natural tones that echo a “Safari chic” theme. There is a fine display of craftsmanship, with sisal rope walls and beige canvas-upholstered benches with a touch of leather, creating a comfortable and relaxing space.
Here, too, you will find the Banana Box Company, a high-quality in-house safari boutique with an array of hand-made crafts.
The lower lounge displays the fascinating history of AirKenya and bygone days on the walls in black-and-white pictures. There is also extra seating space and adjoining modern washrooms, including one for persons living with disabilities and a baby-changing room.
On entering the upper lounge natural light pours through large windows stopped only by the translucent sisal rope wall, where on display is a superb array of large wall-mounted safari photography.
From the far end of the lounge, a familiar aroma of Kenyan coffee brings you to Brown’s Café, which offers a full menu of organic snacks, breakfast and lunch.
The comfortable seating area in the upper lounge is divided into two. One has an array of beige canvas-upholstered wooden lounge chairs made by Dumont in Kenya, interspersed with stainless steel coffee tables, and the other is decked with white cafe-style wire dining chairs and tables by the Italian designer, Pedrali.
Ceiling-to-floor windows that run the length of the upper lounge give an expansive view of the airside and landscape beyond.
Here is the walk-through video of our new passenger lounge.