- Coral Villa at The Ocean SPA Lodge open for bookings
- New Volcanoes Safaris Magical Virungas video
- Gallery: Delta Delight
- Introducing 1902 Club Lounge at Sarova Stanley
- Kamageo books Zambia Tourism as the first exhibitor at Wildlife & Safari Show
- Redefining Sanctuary Olonana
- New CEO appointed for Angama Mara
- Bomani Tented Lodge - Our Spacious Family Suite and Lodge Plunge Pool is Complete!
- Wilderness Wellness Retreat at Sasaab
- St Helena, a Landscape Photographer’s Muse
Morukuru Family Announces New Luxury Boutique Eco Lodge Opening July 2018By Morukuru Family
Morukuru Family is expecting a new arrival! Due early July 2018 Morukuru Beach Lodge will become the 6th uniquely fabulous property to join the Morukuru fold and like her diverse siblings will be located in one of the most beautiful & varied regions of South Africa and built with the greatest sensitivity to the local environment.
Morukuru Beach lodge will be a boutique eco-hotel situated in the captivating 36 000 hectare De Hoop Nature reserve. One of Africa’s most stunning coastal reserves, De Hoop offers the best nature has to offer in the shape of 51km of pristine white beaches and dunes lapped by the warm Indian ocean, limestone cliffs, rock pools, wetlands and the world’s smallest and most threatened plant kingdom – the Cape Floral Kingdom, home to the beautiful coastal lowland fynbos.
The neighbouring World Heritage Site marine reserve, which extends 5km out to sea, is one of the largest marine protected areas in Africa conserving a vast and fascinating variety of marine life including dolphins, seals, southern right whales and at least 250 species of fish.
A stay here will be ideal for visitors travelling along the Garden Route or for those who want to combine a visit to Cape Town (3 hours’ drive or 1-hour private charter flight away) and/or the famous winelands with some of the very best whale watching, snorkelling, mountain biking, hiking, bird watching, sand boarding or simply chilling that the cape has to offer.
Consisting of 5 luxury glass-fronted suites, 4 ocean view and 1 dune view, Morukuru Beach Lodge will be a sanctuary of refined comfort ideal for couples or smaller families with children of any age. Offering a bird’s eye view of the continent’s greatest whale nursery there will never be a dull moment at Morukuru Beach Lodge whether you stay in your window-on-the-world arm chair or venture out into the dunes to play!
- Morukuru Beach Lodge, unlike neighbouring Morukuru Ocean House, will operate as a lodge/hotel (not exclusive-use only)
- All meals and soft drinks are included
- 2 guided activities daily are included and guests can enjoy a wide range of activities depending on the tide and the weather
- A 2-night minimum stay is recommended to fully enjoy the location and the various activities on offer