- What to Do on a Visit to the Twin Lakes in Rwanda
- Better news for Masai Mara's Lions.
- Kenya, Botswana and Mozambique on Jacada Travel's List of Places to Go in 2016
- A marketing tip from Africa Geographic: Don't sacrifice quality for quantity
- J W Seagon in Arusha
- 10 Kenyan Highlights from Saba Douglas-Hamilton
- The HESC releases two captive-bred cheetahs to the wild
- Why Uganda is called the Pearl of Africa?
- FC Barcelona Legends Tour Uganda, Go Gorilla Tracking
- An update on Stompie and Balu at HESC
It's 5-3 as Uganda beats BarcelonaBy Uganda Tourism Board
It is probably something most of the Uganda fans never expected to see.
Uganda's home stars beat the star studded team of the FC Barcelona Legends at the Nelson Mandela Stadium in Namboole 5-3 after a very entertaining match.
The Uganda All Star team started the scoring in the first half, which closed at 45 minutes at 4-1 with the Barca teammates trailing. Not even the substitutions of the stars, which were frequent, were of much help. Patrick Kluivert gave the team a 1 goal consolation in the half allowing them to go for the break with some pride
And something must have happened during the bring. The architects of the beautiful game came back with the driving force and desire that has made them stars. In the first 15 or 20minutes, they scored two goals bringing the board to 4-3. Thing seemed like they were changed for the better.
But the Uganda All Star, known for not losing at the Mandela National Stadium, held their own. In the dying minutes of the second half, they scored the fifth goal.
The fate of the FC Barcelona Legends was sealed.
Still, it was a great and entertaining match. If any of the stars had doubts about the talent in Uganda, they should have changed that.
Also the view of Uganda as a country should now be different. The gorilla tracking in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, the game drive in Murchison Falls National Park, and the boat cruise on the River Nile, and now the game should have left an impression.
Here to promote tourism and investment, the Barcelona stars are also planning to work with former teammate Rayco Garcia to set up a sports academy in Uganda. Hopefully, that will produce the next Kluiverts, Decos or Edgar Davids.